Many people play sports in some way or another either just to have fun in the backyard or to compete with opposing teams. According to the Sports Injury Specialist in West Delhi, playing sports is a great option for doing active exercise that broadly benefits the overall health of a person, but, sometimes these health benefits prevail over undesirable things like an injury. Physical damage that occurs while playing the sports is termed as a sports injury, this can range from minor to serious. Typically, the injuries occur due to certain factors including improper equipment, poor training practices, flawed techniques, or can just be an unfortunate accident. This can also happen if a player is not physically fit for a specific sport.
The most common types of sports injury are:
Strains – this is the most common type of injury that happens while playing sports or during the time of practice. Best Sports injury specialist in West Delhi states that a sprain occurs when a band of connective tissue that combines bones to each other, commonly called ligaments, tears or are overstretched. A sprain commonly occurs in the ankles, knees, or wrist.
Knee injuries – Several players go for a sports injury treatment in Delhi. Another most common sports injury is the knee injury, which can be mild to severe. Mild knee injuries include iliotibial band syndrome, pain or stiffness around the kneecap, and tendonitis (inflammation or degeneration with a tendon). On the other hand, severe knee injuries include damage to knee cartilage or ligaments which can be: the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), the medial collateral ligament (MCL), and the lateral collateral ligament (LCL).
Shin splints – A shin splint is a condition where the pain around the shin bone (tibia) occurs. The pain is usually experienced at the front outside part of the lower leg. A spin splint in the foot and ankle are called an anterior shin splint. Shin splints are common injuries among runners. The best sports injury specialist in West Delhi suggests warming up the body to prevent sports injury.
An orthopedist is a medical professional who is trained and specialized at diagnosing the conditions of the musculoskeletal system like bones, muscles, joints, ligaments, nerves, and tendons. Here at the Neo Orthopedic Clinic, the patients are provided the best-in-class treatment by Dr. Ashu Consul, a well-known Orthopedic in West Delhi.
Dr. Consul had completed his MBBS degree from an esteemed Maulana Azad Medical College & Loknayak Hospital. He then completed his Master Degree in Orthopedics from Central Institute of Orthopedics, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi. Since 2005, Dr. Consul has been in a full swing and holds 15 years of experiences working as the most trusted Orthopedic Doctor in West Delhi. He has specialized dealing in certain orthopedic treatments including:
- Joint replacement – it is surgical procedure where the dysfunctional joint surface is replaced with an artificial joint.
- Spine – spinal discomfort can be treated through exercises, activity modification, epidural injections, and medications.
- Arthritis – pain, inflammation, and stiffness caused in one or more joints with the growing age is called arthritis. This is common among people above 40 years of age.
- Arthroscopic surgery – Arthroscopic is a surgical procedure where an orthopedic surgeon identifies, analyze, and treat the condition within the joints. Depending on the case, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computed Tomography (CT) scan can also be done by the orthopedic surgeon and team.
- Bone lengthening ilizarov – Lengthening works by extrication the bone and distracting (pulling apart) the bone segments slowly to let the new bone cover the gap. As the bone segments are gradually abstracted, the bone restores, resulting in enlarged length.
- Orthopedic trauma – orthopedic trauma can occur from simple isolated fractures to life threatening injury or accident resulting in multiple fractures.
- Spinal deformity – it is condition when unnatural curvature, such as scoliosis or kyphosis and Scheuermann’s disease, occurs due to spinal damage.
- Tendon transfer – Tendons are usually transferred to restore improved movements to an ankle and foot that might have lost the function due to nerve or muscle damage, stroke, or injury.