An orthopedist is a medical professional who is trained and specialized at diagnosing the conditions of the musculoskeletal system like bones, muscles, joints, ligaments, nerves, and tendons. Here at the Neo Orthopedic Clinic, the patients are provided the best-in-class treatment by Dr. Ashu Consul, a well-known Orthopedic in West Delhi.
Dr. Consul had completed his MBBS degree from an esteemed Maulana Azad Medical College & Loknayak Hospital. He then completed his Master Degree in Orthopedics from Central Institute of Orthopedics, Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi. Since 2005, Dr. Consul has been in a full swing and holds 15 years of experiences working as the most trusted Orthopedic Doctor in West Delhi. He has specialized dealing in certain orthopedic treatments including:
- Joint replacement – it is surgical procedure where the dysfunctional joint surface is replaced with an artificial joint.
- Spine – spinal discomfort can be treated through exercises, activity modification, epidural injections, and medications.
- Arthritis – pain, inflammation, and stiffness caused in one or more joints with the growing age is called arthritis. This is common among people above 40 years of age.
- Arthroscopic surgery – Arthroscopic is a surgical procedure where an orthopedic surgeon identifies, analyze, and treat the condition within the joints. Depending on the case, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computed Tomography (CT) scan can also be done by the orthopedic surgeon and team.
- Bone lengthening ilizarov – Lengthening works by extrication the bone and distracting (pulling apart) the bone segments slowly to let the new bone cover the gap. As the bone segments are gradually abstracted, the bone restores, resulting in enlarged length.
- Orthopedic trauma – orthopedic trauma can occur from simple isolated fractures to life threatening injury or accident resulting in multiple fractures.
- Spinal deformity – it is condition when unnatural curvature, such as scoliosis or kyphosis and Scheuermann’s disease, occurs due to spinal damage.
- Tendon transfer – Tendons are usually transferred to restore improved movements to an ankle and foot that might have lost the function due to nerve or muscle damage, stroke, or injury.